These little tacos are super frugal to make. They are also easy and delicious. What a great vegetarian meal!
4 Medium, peeled
1 1⁄2 Gram (1 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon for salsa)
4 1⁄2 Medium, peeled (3-medium + 1-large)
6 Medium, stems removed
2 Large, seeded
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (Cotija, Queso Fresco, Panela)
1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced finely
6 Medium, cut into thin strips
1 Small, juiced (or 1/2 large)
Vegetable oil/Canola oil
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Cook the potatoes in some salted water. Drain and place in a bowl.
2. Mash potatoes and add butter, garlic powder and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In blender put tomatoes, chili peppers, cilantro and water. Season with salt and add cumin powder. Blend and set aside.
4. In a bowl combine the cabbage, diced tomatoes and radishes. Add the lime juice. Season with salt. Set aside.
5. Heat a deep skillet with about 2 inches deep of oil. Heat until oil is very hot.
6. While the oil is heating, place a tortilla in front. Smear half of the tortilla with the mashed potatoes. Fold tortilla over.
7. Place the tortilla in the hot oil. Cook until tortilla is crisp and browned for about 3 minutes. Remove onto a paper towel lined plate.
8. In a serving plate, serve the tacos topped with grated cheese, salsa and cabbage salad.