Grilled Fish Tacos
|Corn tortillas||32 Medium|
|Tilapia fillets||8 Medium|
|Lime||3 Large, juiced|
|Lime zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt/Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||135 Gram, chopped, divided (1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon)|
|Cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Medium, chopped finely|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Spicy tomato chipotle salsa||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
1. MARINATE THE FISH: In a glass or ceramic bowl place the fish.
2. Grate about ½ teaspoon zest of lime on to the fish. Squeeze 2 limes on it, salt and drizzle with some oil to prevent fish from sticking to grill.
3. Coat all fillets with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
4. MAKE THE SAUCE: In another bowl place yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cumin and cilantro.
5. Add 1 tablespoon lime juice. Season it with salt to taste. Mix well and set aside.
6. MAKE THE SLAW: Take a bowl, mix the cabbage, tomatoes and cilantro.
7. Squeeze the remaining lime, salt to taste. Mix and set aside.
8. Heat the grill on high. Once it is hot, reduce the heat to medium.
9. Soak a paper towel wad in olive oil and clean your grill grid so the fish will not stick. Place the fish on the grill.
10. Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes and flip. Cook for an extra 6 to 7 minutes. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fish.
11. Once you flip the fish, place the tortillas on the side of your grill and heat them.
12. On a serving plate place 2 tortillas. Smear with yogurt sauce. Add fish and salsa if desired. Top with slaw and serve.
Calories 625 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.4 mg19.5%
Sodium 613.3 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.4%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 29 g57.9%
Vitamin A 34.1% Vitamin C 39.2%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet