Grilled fish tacos are healthy, delicious and not hard to make. You can use any mild white fish for this recipe. You can also cook these in a skillet if you prefer.
3 Large, juiced
Plain yogurt/Sour cream
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
135 Gram, chopped, divided (1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon)
2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded
4 Medium, chopped finely
1 Teaspoon (to taste)
Spicy tomato chipotle salsa
1⁄2 Tablespoon (Optional)
1. MARINATE THE FISH: In a glass or ceramic bowl place the fish.
2. Grate about ½ teaspoon zest of lime on to the fish. Squeeze 2 limes on it, salt and drizzle with some oil to prevent fish from sticking to grill.
3. Coat all fillets with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
4. MAKE THE SAUCE: In another bowl place yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cumin and cilantro.
5. Add 1 tablespoon lime juice. Season it with salt to taste. Mix well and set aside.
6. MAKE THE SLAW: Take a bowl, mix the cabbage, tomatoes and cilantro.
7. Squeeze the remaining lime, salt to taste. Mix and set aside.
8. Heat the grill on high. Once it is hot, reduce the heat to medium.
9. Soak a paper towel wad in olive oil and clean your grill grid so the fish will not stick. Place the fish on the grill.
10. Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes and flip. Cook for an extra 6 to 7 minutes. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fish.
11. Once you flip the fish, place the tortillas on the side of your grill and heat them.
12. On a serving plate place 2 tortillas. Smear with yogurt sauce. Add fish and salsa if desired. Top with slaw and serve.