|Chicken breast||1 Medium, cut into thin bite-size strips (boneless, skinless)|
|Lemon||1 Large, juiced (FOR MARINADE)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chopped finely (FOR MARINADE)|
|Scallions||2 Medium, chopped (FOR MARINADE)|
|Jalapeno||1 Medium, seeded, chopped (FOR MARINADE)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), coarsely chopped (FOR MARINADE)|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Large, sliced|
|Bell pepper||1 Medium, sliced thinly (varied colours)|
|Tomato||1 Small, diced|
|Corn tortillas/Flour tortillas||8 Medium|
|Olive oil||7 Tablespoon, divided (Marinade + cooking)|
1. Clean and cut the chicken into thin bite size strips.
2. In a small bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice. Whisk till combined.
3. Put scallions, cilantro, jalapeno and salt. Mix well.
4. Transfer the chicken pieces into a zip lock plastic bag. Pour the marinade into it.
5. Shake well to mix all. Seal and refrigerate for minimum of 30 minutes (longer marinating will enhance the taste).
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
7. In a pan, heat olive oil. Put the onions, bell peppers and sauté for few minutes.
8. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for a few minutes till they are tender.
9. Transfer them into a bowl and wipe the pan.
10. Add more oil. Heat it and put the marinated chicken pieces.
11. Cook till the chicken is done on both sides. Remove the excess fat and liquid rendered. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
12. Return the vegetables into the pan and cook for a few minutes.
13. Wrap the tortillas in the aluminium foil and heat it for few minutes.
14. In a serving plate, place 2 tortillas. Spoon the fajita and serve hot with sour cream garnished with cilantro and guacamole and salsa on the side if desired.
Calories 479 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.8 mg5.6%
Sodium 610.7 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.2%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 25.7% Vitamin C 95.1%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet