|Tostadas/Deep fried tortilla||8 Medium|
|Refried beans||30 Ounce, heated (1 can)|
|Canned diced tomato||14 1⁄2 Ounce (FOR SALSA)|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Medium, chopped (FOR SALSA)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon (FOR SALSA)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound (FOR BEEF)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (FOR BEEF)|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon (FOR BEEF)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (FOR BEEF)|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, chopped (FOR SALSA and BEEF)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced (FOR SALSA and BEEF)|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon (FOR SALSA and BEEF)|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon (to taste, FOR SALSA and BEEF)|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon (to taste, FOR SALSA and BEEF)|
|Cilantro leaves||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Tomatoes||3 Small, chopped|
|Ice berg lettuce||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Avocado||1 Medium, diced|
|Sour cream||8 Tablespoon|
|Mexican blend cheese||8 Tablespoon, grated|
1. Prepare all the vegetables according to the list.
2. FOR SALSA: In a medium bowl, put the onions, canned tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno pepper and minced garlic cloves. Mix them well.
3. Add lime juice, salt pepper, dried oregano and stir well to coat all the vegetables. Set aside.
4. FOR BEEF: Heat a skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Put the ground beef and cook it.
5. Season it with salt and pepper and continue cooking till brown.
6. Drain and set aside.
7. FOR BEEF: Wipe the skillet and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Heat.
8. Add a small chopped yellow onion. Cook for 8 minutes until lightly browned.
9. Put 2 minced garlic cloves and mix well.
10. Add 1 small chopped tomato and return the beef. Mix well.
11. Season with 1 tablespoon ground cumin, 1 tablespoon oregano and 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro.
12. Taste it and add more salt and pepper if required.
13. Pour ¼ cup water. Mix well. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
14. In the meanwhile, in a pan, heat the refried beans.
15. Take 1 tostada and spread the refried beans over it.
16. Put prepared beef over it and top it with Salsa. Put chopped iceberg lettuce, chopped tomatoes one over the other. Sprinkle grated Mexican blend cheese and top it with few pieces of diced avocado.
17. Spoon a dollop of sour cream and garnish it with chopped cilantro leaves.
18. Repeat this with as many tostadas as required.
19. On a serving plate, place 2 tostadas per person and serve fresh.
All the different toppings can be kept in separate bowl and each person can make their won tostadas as desired.
Calories 1519 Calories from Fat 747
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.1%
Saturated Fat 27.5 g137.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119.9 mg40%
Sodium 3025.8 mg126.1%
Total Carbohydrates 147 g48.9%
Dietary Fiber 22.4 g89.5%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 53 g106.6%
Vitamin A 59.6% Vitamin C 56.5%
Calcium 70.3% Iron 131.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet