1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. Heat a large skillet until hot. Pour 2 tablespoon oil and swirl in pan.
3. Add the peppers and onions to cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are soft but still crisp. This should take about 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overcook the vegetables and make them soggy.
4. Season with salt and mix. Set the veggies aside.
5. To the same skillet add remaining oil. Put the garlic to cook for a couple of minutes.
6. Add the shrimp, lime juice and chopped cilantro and mix well. Cook until the shrimp starts turning pink for about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not overcook the shrimp as it will make it rubbery. Return the veggies to the skillet and heat through.
7. In a serving plate, serve the fajita with heated tortillas, red rice, refried beans, pico de gallo and chunky guacamole.