Tortilla Chip Salad
|Ground beef||2 Pound (FOR BEEF)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon (FOR BEEF)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced (FOR BEEF)|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon (FOR BEEF)|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon (FOR BEEF)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (FOR BEEF)|
|Cayenne||1 Teaspoon (FOR BEEF)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (FOR BEEF)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR BEEF)|
|White onions||3 Medium, chopped finely (FOR BEEF; CORN SALSA)|
|Tomatoes||5 Large, peeled, chopped (FOR BEEF; CORN SALSA)|
|Cilantro||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped (FOR BEEF; CORN SALSA)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (FOR BEEF; CORN SALSA)|
|Yellow corn kernels||15 Ounce (1 can, FOR CORN SALSA)|
|Radish||4 Small, chopped finely (FOR CORN SALSA)|
|Cucumber||1 Small, seeded, chopped (FOR CORN SALSA)|
|Chilli pepper||1 Small, seeded, chopped finely (FOR CORN SALSA)|
|Lime||1⁄2 Medium, juiced (FOR CORN SALSA)|
|Iceberg lettuce||1 Large, chopped (FOR SALAD)|
|Creamy cilantro dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR SALAD)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (FOR SALAD)|
|Ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced (FOR SALAD)|
|Tortilla chips||1 Packet (FOR SALAD)|
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. FOR THE BEEF: Heat a large skillet with 2 tablespoon olive oil.
3. Add the beef and allow it to brown.
4. Season it with salt and pepper.
5. Once it is browned, drain the meat.
6. Wipe down the skillet and add some more oil.
7. Add the onions and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Put the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
9. Return the meat to the pan and mix.
10. Add the cumin, oregano, paprika and cayenne. Mix well.
11. Put the tomatoes and cilantro.
12. Pour the water and mix well. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes and set aside.
13. FOR CORN SALSA: In a bowl place all ingredients other than lime and salt.
14. Add the lime juice and season with salt. Mix well and set aside.
15. On a serving plate place some lettuce. Top with some of the beef. Put some corn salsa over the beef.
16. Drizzle creamy cilantro dressing on the corn. Top with some cheddar cheese and olives. Arrange some tortilla chips on the sides of the salad.
17. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.