Chef Keith Snow demonstrates how easy it is to make your own homemade flour tortillas.
All purpose flour
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, kosher salt, and lard. Stir to distribute lard through the flour.
2) Add the water a little at a time and stir through to start forming the dough, being careful not to over-mix.
3) Transfer the dough out onto a work surface and begin working the dough with hands into a ball. Work it until it becomes smoother on the outside.
4) Break off small palm-sized pieces and roll them into balls.
5) Let them rest on a tray in or out of the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6) On a floured board, roll each ball out into a round tortilla shape.
7) On a nonstick griddle or in a nonstick or cast iron pan, cook the tortillas until brown spots on both sides.