Crab Quesadillas With Avocado Salsa
|Crab||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour tortillas||4 Medium|
|Low fat cheddar and jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Haas avocados||2 Medium|
|Lime||1 Medium (zest and juice)|
|Black beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili||1 Can (10 oz), hot or mild|
|Roma tomato||1 Medium|
|Cilantro stem and leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Iceburg lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. In a pan over medium high heat add a tbsp olive oil, rinsed and drained beans, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
2. Add 2 tbsp canned chilies and mash together with the black beans to get a chunky consistency.
3. Add a tbsp water to make sure the mixture is smooth and spreadable.
To make the salsa:
4. Crush garlic cloves, chop them finely and add into a medium sized dish.
5. Cut half red onion in half, peel it, cut and dice it and add to the salsa dish.
6. Cut the roma tomato with seeds and skin on and add into the salsa dish.
7. Dice a bunch of cilantro with leaves and stem and add to the salsa dish.
8. Grate zest of 1 lime and squeeze its juice over the salsa mixture and add salt, pepper and a little olive oil.
9. Cut avocado into chunks and mix into the salsa.
10. Open the crab from the cover and empty into a cup.
11. On a plate place the tortilla, spread over the bean mixture, add grated cheeses and crab meat over it and fold.
12. On a grill pan over medium high heat spray a layer of olive oil at the bottom, place the prepared quesadillas and cook adding some more olive oil until done.
13. Once the quesadillas are cooked chop each into 3.
14. To serve, on a plate or dish place the quesadilla, shredded lettuce as the base, cheese, crab, limes along the sides and then the salsa.
Calories 780 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.2%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.6 mg16.9%
Sodium 3557.5 mg148.2%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 22.1 g88.2%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 39 g78.7%
Vitamin A 66.9% Vitamin C 328.8%
Calcium 28.1% Iron 44.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet