Since this is a crock pot recipe that needs to cook at least 6 hours, buy your ingredients the day before cooking so you can start early in the morning. By the time dinner rolls around, this dish will have turned into something so tender your taste buds will be begging for a bite.
Boneless pork butt
3 Pound, trimmed (of fat)
Dry black beans
1 Pound, rinsed
4 Ounce, chop
5 Clove (25 gm), mince
Fire roast tomatoes
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice
Low sodium chicken broth
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1. Chop the green chilies, mince the garlic and dice the yellow onions, set aside.
2. To a crock pot, add the beans and green chilies, place the pork on top.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients garlic, fire roasted tomatoes, yellow onions, salt, chili powder, ground cumin and low sodium chicken broth.
4. Cook on low setting for 9 or 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
5. Remove the roast and shred with two forks and then return to the crock pot for an additional 30 minutes.
6. Serve the meat as burritos, topped with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, cheese and sour cream.
Try and sprinkle all the spices around instead of just plopping them in one big lump.