I'm going to show you how to make pico de gallo from scratch. For the best flavor, use home grown tomatoes! Who cares if they have more liquid. It's worth it for the flavor! Way better than using Roma tomatoes.
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop
3 , dice
1⁄2 , mince
1⁄2 Medium, finely chopped
1. Wash and rinse the tomatoes, cut it in bite size chunks or dice, place the tomatoes in the strainer and let the juice drain in the bowl for 20 minutes.
2. Slice and finely dice the onions, mince the garlic and jalapenos, chop the cilantro, keep it aside.
3. In a large bowl combine onion, cilantro, jalapenos, tomatoes and ½ lime juice, stir and add salt and pepper.
4. Once done let it sit for some time and then serve.
5. Serve the pico de gallo along with taco, burritos or plain tortillas chips.