Our huevos rancheros recipe is a nice change of pace if you are tired of regular bacon and eggs for breakfast.
For the rancheros sauce
Fire roasted crushed tomatoes
1⁄2 , dice
Whole green chiles
2 (12 in a pack)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Frying the tortillas)
For the garnish
1. Chop the yellow onion and green chili, set aside.
2. In a pan pour vegetable oil and add the tomato paste, brown it on medium heat, add onions and sauté for 8 minutes.
3. Add diced tomatoes can, green chili, cumin and chili powder, stir and blend well, increase the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minute add salt and pepper and stir, adjust the seasoning to taste.
5. In another pan pour oil and fry the tortilla on medium heat, fry for few minutes.
6. Remove and drain it on paper towel and set it aside.
7. Remove excess oil and fry the egg sunny side up.
8. In a serving plate place the tortilla and place the egg on top, put the rancheros sauce and garnish with cilantro and avocado slices.
9. Serve the huevos rancheros at breakfast along with a glass of fresh orange juice.