Make our Mexican coffee recipe the next time you want something to warm you up on a chilly night. Or serve this for an after dinner treat. Your guests will love it.
6 Tablespoon (Pete's coffee)
Ghiradelli premium hot cocoa
6 Tablespoon (Ghirardelli)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
1 Ounce (Optional)
Packed light brown sugar
For the garnish
Heavy whipping cream
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. In a mixing bowl add the heavy whipping bowl along with ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract and some of the powdered sugar, using a hand mixer, on high speed whip the cream and gradually add the remaining sugar and whip until you have stiff peaks.
2. Once done cover it with saran wrap and keep it in the refrigerator until needed.
3. In the coffee maker, place the coffee in the filter and add the cinnamon too. Brew the ground coffee by adding enough filtered water to make 4 cups.
4. In the meantime in a medium size saucepan, pour the milk, add brown sugar and cocoa, on medium heat dissolve the sugar and let the chocolate cocoa mix well.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and coffee, stir with a whisk and once done pour it in a coffee mug.
6. Drizzle the whipped cream on top and serve.
Add the Kahlua just before you add the coffee to he milk.