Jalapeno poppers are tasty little appetizers with some zip. They are the perfect appetizer for that Superbowl, Christmas, tailgate, or bachelor party. These work for any occasion.
12 , deseeded (cut in half)
6 , finely chopped
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (room temperature)
Grated parmesan cheese
For the topping
Mild cheddar cheese
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Smoked paprika powder
1 Tablespoon, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Prepare a cookie sheet spray it with pam spray.
3. Cut the jalapenos in half using a spoon and paring knife, remove the seeds and membrane, once done keep it aside.
4. Finely chop the cooked bacon slices into small bits, set aside.
5. In a bowl combine cream cheese, granulated garlic, parmesan cheese and bacon bits.
6. Using a spoon fill the cream cheese mixture in the jalapenos pepper, continue until you finish all the jalapenos.
7. Once done put small amount of mild cheddar cheese on top of each filled jalapenos and sprinkle some smoked paprika on top, place them on the cookie sheet.
8. Bake the stuffed jalapenos for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven.
9. Once done remove and let it cool for 5 minutes.
10. Serve the jalapenos poppers hot along with a dip of your choice.
Do not use the foil as it is difficult to remove the jalapenos once the cheese has melted, instead spray the cookie sheet with pam spray.