Easy Mexican Flan - Creamy, Delicious Leche Flan by Rockin Robin
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||13 Ounce|
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare the hot water for the bain marie.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degree and warm the ramekins up.
3. Once the ramekins are warm increase the temperature and preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
4. In another sauce pan caramelize the sugar on medium low, keep stirring and let it melt.
5. Remove the ramekins and keep it close, once the sugar changes to amber in color and the sugar is completely caramelized, pour the caramel in the ramekins and swirl the cup to coat the bottom and the sides.
6. Once done keep it aside for the sugar to harden.
7. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, vanilla and almond extract, whisk the up and add the evaporated milk followed by the condensed milk.
8. Combine it well, once done strain the mixture using a strainer and pour the strained custard in the prepared ramekins.
9. Pour the hot water in the 9x13 baking dish and place the ramekins inside, bake the custard in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, check if cooked if not, then bake it for further 10 minutes.
10. Once done remove the dish and remove the ramekins from the dish and let the flan cool and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
11. Remove the flan from the refrigerator and using a sharp knife, cut around the edge of the flan to release it from the dish.
12. Place a serving plate on top of the ramekins and holding both plates tightly together flip them over.
13. Serve the flan chill after a hearty meal.
9x13 baking dish
Calories 463 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146 mg48.7%
Sodium 184.2 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 75.8 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 36.2% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet