Fast Shrimp Tacos Topped with Sour Cream Lime Sauce
|Baby shrimp||1 Pound, cooked, shelled|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) (minced)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|For the lime sour cream sauce|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime zest||1 Small|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|For the tortillas|
|Oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Tomatoes/Salsa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice|
1. Mince the garlic, chop the cilantro, shred the lettuce and slice the tomatoes, set aside.
2. In a bowl combine the cooked shrimps, olive oil, ground cumin, chili powder and minced garlic, mix well
3. Once done refrigerate the shrimps for 15 minutes.
4. In the meantime make the sour cream sauce, by combining sour cream, cilantro, lime zest and juice, stir well and chill it in the refrigerator until needed.
5. In a large pan heat up the shrimps and add wine and lemon juice and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
6. In a large pan pour oil, heat up the oil and dip the tortilla in the hot oil for few seconds using a tong.
7. Remove and place it on a paper towel, pat dry the excess oil with another paper towel.
8. On the taco place shrimps in the center, add lettuce, tomatoes or salsa, cheese and sour cream.
9. Serve the shrimp taco with a nice chilled bottle of beer.
Calories 615 Calories from Fat 413
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.5%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 319.9 mg106.6%
Sodium 1064.2 mg44.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 46.7% Vitamin C 33.8%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet