Today I'm going to show you how to make shrimp tacos quick and easy using baby shrimp that are already cooked.
1 Pound, cooked, shelled
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
2 Clove (10 gm) (minced)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
For the lime sour cream sauce
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped
For the tortillas
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (For deep frying)
1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice
1. Mince the garlic, chop the cilantro, shred the lettuce and slice the tomatoes, set aside.
2. In a bowl combine the cooked shrimps, olive oil, ground cumin, chili powder and minced garlic, mix well
3. Once done refrigerate the shrimps for 15 minutes.
4. In the meantime make the sour cream sauce, by combining sour cream, cilantro, lime zest and juice, stir well and chill it in the refrigerator until needed.
5. In a large pan heat up the shrimps and add wine and lemon juice and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
6. In a large pan pour oil, heat up the oil and dip the tortilla in the hot oil for few seconds using a tong.
7. Remove and place it on a paper towel, pat dry the excess oil with another paper towel.
8. On the taco place shrimps in the center, add lettuce, tomatoes or salsa, cheese and sour cream.
9. Serve the shrimp taco with a nice chilled bottle of beer.