I have developed my own enchilada sauce recipe that is very delicious and is somewhat like the recipe we served in our restaurant.
Low sodium chicken broth
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄2 Teaspoon (a little less than 1/2 tsp)
3 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Mild cheddar cheese
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree
2. In a 2 quart sauce pan add the oil, let it heat up and turn the heat to low and add the flour, cook it for couple of minutes, whisking continuously.
3. Add the chili powder, chicken broth, cumin, garlic powder, salt, sugar and finally the cinnamon, keep whisking and turn the heat up and bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
4. Turn off the heat; this enchilada sauce recipe is done.
5. In a baking dish place the nachos and pour the enchilada sauce over it and top it with cheese.
6. Place the dish in a preheated oven for few minutes or until the cheese melts.
7. Serve the enchilada sauce with nachos and cheese.
You will notice that as the sauce sits it will form a skin on the surface; all you have to do is peel the skin off and throw it away.