|Chicken thigh||4 Pound (skinless)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1 , mince|
|Low sodium chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Agave tequila||2 Ounce|
|Almond||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slice|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), mince|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Chile powder||4 Tablespoon|
|Ibarra mexican chocolate||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Smoked paprika||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle peppers||1 (Optional)|
1. Mince the onions and garlic, set aside.
2. Chop the chocolate, set aside.
3. In a pan heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat, place the chicken and brown it from all sides, season with salt.
4. In another pot pour chicken broth, orange juice, tequila and boil it on low heat.
5. Once the chicken has browned add it to the sauce, cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
6. In the same pan add olive oil, sauté the onions for 15-20 minutes, add garlic and sauté for few minutes.
7. Add coriander seeds, ground cumin and almonds, stir and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
8. Once the chicken is done remove only the chicken and keep it in a dish to cool.
9. Pour the onion mixture to the sauce, add raisins, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, peanut butter and finally the chocolate, stir and boil the sauce for 10 minutes.
10. After 10 minutes remove from heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
11. Peel the meat of the bone from the chicken and shred the meat, set aside.
12. Once the sauce is cooled blend it in a blender until smooth.
13. Pour the sauce back in the pot and add the chicken, stir well.
14. Serve the chicken mole with some steamed rice.
Always place a wax paper beneath the measuring spoon, if you are measuring any kind of powder such as chili powder, pour the desired amount on the measuring spoon and if there is any excess then simply lift the wax paper and transfer the powder back in the bottle.