How to Make Chili Colorado
|Anchovy chillies||1 Cup (16 tbs) (pre-dried (FOR CHILI))|
|White onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (FOR CHILI)|
|Garlic||20 Gram, chopped (4 cloves (FOR CHILI))|
|Pork||250 Gram, cubed (FOR CHILI)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR CHILI)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste (FOR CHILI))|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste (FOR CHILI))|
|Tomatoes||10 Ounce, crushed (1 can (FOR CHILI))|
|Oregano powder||1 Pinch (FOR CHILI)|
|Cumin||1 Pinch (FOR CHILI)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (FOR CHILI)|
|Tortilla||1 Medium (FOR BURRITO)|
|Vegetables||1 Tablespoon, shredded (of choice (FOR BURRITO))|
|Sour cream||1 Teaspoon (FOR BURRITO)|
|Hot sauce||1 Teaspoon (To taste (FOR BURRITO))|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Soak the anchovy chillies in hot water for 20 min.
3. In a blender take the soaked chillies, pour 1 cup of the hot chilli tea (soaked water) and blend till smooth. Strain it into a bowl and keep the chilli puree aside.
4. Chop the onions, garlic separately.
5. In a bowl, take the pork pieces. Add flour, pepper and salt, Mix well with a spoon to coat all the pieces with the flour.
6. Take a pan, put the vegetable oil and heat it in medium high.
7. Add the onions and stir. Cook till soft and translucent.
8. Put the garlic and sauté for a minute.
9. Add the meat flour mix into it and let it cook till it browns.
10. Pour the chilli puree into the meat; add the tomatoes, oregano and cumin. Stir it and let it cook for 45 minutes.
11. Put this pan into the oven for 45 minutes or till it is done.
12. Take a tortilla; make a burrito by adding the vegetables, pork chilli, avocado, sour cream, and hot sauce.
13. Fold the sides of the tortilla and holding the ingredients tightly, roll it away from you.
14. In a serving plate, serve it hot with rice or beans on side or eat it plain.