It's basically a scrambled egg dish that can be served at breakfast, lunch, brunch or even dinner. But it's more than that and unique.
It's heavenly, really. Once you try this, you will be making it again and again. I'm sure of it. You won't be able to resist.
5 , beaten
Corn tortilla/Corn tortilla chips
3 , strips (1 inch x 3 inch strips)
Mild cheddar cheese
3⁄4 Deciliter, grated
3 Tablespoon, chop (ortega brand)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), mince
1. Mince the yellow onion and chop the green chili
2. In a bowl crack eggs and beat it.
3. Cut the tortillas into 1 inch thick strips and cut them in half.
4. Heat up a frying pan pour olive oil and fry the tortillas until brown and crisp.
5. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
6. Drain the excess oil in a small bowl.
7. Pour the beaten eggs in the pan and add the fried tortillas, onion, chili and cheese.
8. Mix everything and scramble it completely and cook until the eggs are cooked.
9. Serve the hot migas immediately at breakfast.