Our cheese enchilada recipe is probably the easiest of all the enchiladas to make, mainly because you don't have to cook the filling.
Mild cheddar cheese
1 Pound, grated
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Finely chop the onions and grate the cheese, set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degree.
3. In a pan warm heat up the enchilada sauce.
4. In another frying pan pour oil and over medium high heat dip the tortilla in oil using a tong.
5. Fry them for few seconds and drain little and the dip in in the enchilada sauce, coat them evenly and place it in a plate.
6. Sprinkle the cheese and onion and roll it, pick it up by the seam and place it in a pyrex dish.
7. Pour some enchilada sauce over and sprinkle cheese and onion.
8. Place the enchiladas in the oven and bake for 6-7 minutes or until the cheese melts.
9. Serve the cheese enchiladas immediately.