Home Made Fajita
|Tomatoes||8 Medium (For salsa)|
|Green chili||4 Medium (For salsa)|
|Onion||2 Medium, divided (For salsa and For Chicken)|
|Lemon/Lime juice||1 Medium (For salsa)|
|Salt||4 Teaspoon, divided (For salsa and For tortilla to taste)|
|Coriander||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely (For the salsa)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (For salsa)|
|Cornmeal/All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Tortilla)|
|Warm water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For Tortilla)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (For Tortilla)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (For Tortilla)|
|Chicken breast||2 Medium, skinless (For chicken)|
|Lemon juice||1 Medium (For chicken)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For chicken, as needed)|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (For chicken)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (For chicken)|
|Bell peppers||2 Medium (For chicken)|
|Spring onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
To make Tomato Salsa :
1. Chop onions and halve a lemon.
2. Cut green chilies into half and remove seeds place in a bowl.
3. In a medium sauce pan boil water and boil tomatoes for 10 minutes.
4. Then peel the tomato skins, halve, remove the seeds and chop into tiny pieces.
5. Mix with the other ingredients and add chopped coriander.
6. Let it rest for 2 -3 hours.
To make Flour tortillas :
7. In a bowl mix the all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
8. Add a tbsp olive oil, mix in water and knead into a dough.
9. Make medium small balls out of the dough and roll into a circle,
10. Heat a pan and roast the rolled dough for 30 seconds on each side.
11. To make Chicken / black beans:
12. Cut chicken into strips and add a tablespoon of lemon juice.
13. Marinade the chicken for 30 minutes.
14. In a skillet add olive oil and sauté onions, bell peppers and spring onions.
15. Add marinated chicken and season with salt pepper and cinnamon powder.
16. Cook for 20 minutes and turn off the stove.
17. Take a tortilla and add tomato salsa in the center.
18. Add the chicken over it, roll it and secure with toothpick.
19. Serve with a drink or as desired.
Calories 630 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.6 mg11.2%
Sodium 2149.3 mg89.6%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.5%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 25 g50.3%
Vitamin A 62.8% Vitamin C 287.2%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 30.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet