Chicken Enchiladas - Salsa Verde Style
|Chicken breast||4 Medium, boneless, skinless|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Pepper jack||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Cojito cheese||250 Gram|
|Corn tortilla||12 Medium|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), roughly chopped|
|Yellow onion/White onion||1⁄4 Medium, chopped|
|Green chili||5 Tablespoon, diced|
|Chile verde enchilada sauce||10 Ounce|
|Herdes brand chile verde salsa||6 Ounce|
|Bay leaves||3 Medium|
|Pepper corn||7 Medium|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Bring large saucepan of water, bay leaves and peppercorns to a rolling boil.
2. Add chicken to boiling water and cook over medium heat 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness of meat)– until meat is cooked through.
3. Remove chicken from water, ensure bay leaves and peppercorns are removed.
4. Put cooked chicken in a large mixing bowl and shredby pulling it apart using two forks pulling against each other.
5. Once chicken is shredded, spice and toss it well with salt,pepper, poultry seasoning, garlic powder and chipotle powder.
6. Add diced green chilies, diced onion, and ¾ of the chopped cilantro (save ¼ cilantro to sprinkle on top when plating/serving cooked enchiladas).
7. Incorporate 1 ½ cups shredded cheese into meat mixture and combine (save balance of shredded cheese to put on top of enchiladas before baking).
8. Soften corn tortillas by sliding them into and quickly out of a shallow saucepan of sizzling water.
9. Once tortilla is softened, fill with chicken mixture, roll and place enchilada at far end of 9x12 baking dish.
10. Repeat until dish is full,fitting 6-8 enchiladas in the pan.
11. Cover enchiladas with approx. ½ can of Herdes Salsa Verde(spicy) plus ½ can of Verde Enchilada sauce (mild).
12. Enchiladas should be covered, but not “soaked” in sauce (otherwise they willbe too gooey).
13. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over top and bake for 20-25minutes in hot, 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and meat inside is piping hot.
14. Serve warm.
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website