Chicken In Green Mole
|Skinless boneless chicken breast||3 Pound|
|Chicken stock||30 Ounce|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thyme sprigs||10 Gram (about 10 sprigs)|
|Dried parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomatillo||5 Large, peeled, quartered|
|Jalapeno||4 Large, slit and seeded|
|Fresh parsley||12 Tablespoon (or 3 tablespoon of dried parsley)|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cube the chicken into 1-inch pieces
2. Pour the chicken stock into your crock-pot. If you do not have a crock-pot, use a Dutch oven or casserole.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the stock.
4. Add the herbs and spices to the chicken and stir so that the flavors wrap around the chicken.
5. Let the chicken cook in the crock-pot on low for about 2-3 hours or until it is tender and well flavored. Check and stir occasionally. If cooking in a Dutch oven or casserole, on the stove, the cooking time will be less.
6. In the mean time, make the mole sauce. In a blender jar, add the quartered tomatillos and blend into a smooth puree.
7. Add the jalapenos, dried or fresh parsley, cilantro. Blend into a smooth yet slightly chunky consistency.
8. Add the marjoram and cumin and blend in. Give a taste and adjust if needed.
9. When the chicken is cooked and tender, remove from the stock.
10. Empty the mole sauce into a skillet and mix in the chicken.
11. Re-heat just before serving.
12. Serve the chicken in green mole sauce wrapped in corn or flour tortillas.