Vegetarian Chili Recipe: Soulful & Full Of Flavor
|To saute the vegetables|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Morning star meal starters||12 Ounce (1 bag - grillers veggie crumbles)|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, chopped into bite size pieces|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped into bite size pieces|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Medium, chopped into bite size pieces|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Minced garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Frozen sweet corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jalapeno||1 Medium, seeded and diced (Optional)|
|The tomatoes and sauces|
|Canned diced tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce (One 14.5 oz can used)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce (One 14.5 oz can whole Italian stewed tomatoes used)|
|Canned tomato sauce||15 Ounce (One 15 oz can used)|
|The canned beans|
|Canned kidney beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (One 15 oz can used)|
|Canned black beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (One 15 oz can used)|
|Canned garbanzo beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (One 15 oz can used)|
|Chili powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery flakes/Fresh celery||3 Tablespoon|
|Seasoning salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Black pepper||2 Dash (Optional)|
|Liquid smoke||2 Dash (Optional)|
1. Cut the zucchini, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion and garlic into bite size pieces. Put these into a bowl and set them aside.
2. Drain and rinse the kidney beans. black beans and garbanzo beans well in a colander and set aside.
3. Heat a pan with some olive oil, add the veggie crumbles and the freshly cut vegetables. Saute over medium heat until tender.
4. Add the corn and saute for another minute.
5. Add the diced tomatoes, whole Italian stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir lightly.
6. Add the rinsed and drained beans, toss well to combine everything together.
7. Add the spices, stir and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
8. Serve warm with cornbread.