Poached Pickerel With Fresh Herb And Mango Salsa
1.Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C)
2.Fold and cut each one of the 4 pieces of parchment paper into 1/2 of a heart shape.
3.Open parchment and place one fillet of pickerel on one side of each piece of parchment paper and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Divide vegetables and place on top of each fillet. Drizzle with canola oil and add 1 tbsp water to each fish package.
5.Fold other half of parchment ‘heart’ over fish. Beginning at the top of the heart shape, seal paper by making small overlapping folds to seal the edges together.
6.Bake for 10-15 minutes or until fish is cooked throughout.
7.Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the blanched herbs and canola oil for the sauce. Blend until thick.
8. Add to a small bowl, add cumin. Set aside.
9. In a bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes and mango and mix well.
10. Add 2 tablespoons of the herb sauce and mix well. Taste and add seasoning if required.
11.Carefully remove parchment packages from oven.
12. Make an X in the top of the parchment paper and serve with the Herb Mango Salsa
13. You can also open up the package, slide fish onto warm serving plates and spoon the salsa on the side.