Chicken And Beef Red Chili Enchiladas
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For beef chili|
|Cooked beef||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped finely|
|Red chili powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely, divided|
|Shallot||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely, divided|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced, divided|
|Roux||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cube||1⁄2 Medium|
|Flour tortilla||8 Medium|
|Cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Canned baked beans||10 Ounce (as required) (Optional)|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as required) (Optional)|
For The chili
1. In a pan, heat oil on medium heat. Put the beef, red chili and sauté for few minutes.
2. Add the ½ of the red onion, garlic and shallot and continue to sauté. Slowly pour water and stir continuously. Bring it to boil and add the roux and bouillon cube. Let it cook while stirring occasionally till it thickens to sauce consistency. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For The Enchilada
4. Take a tortilla, Put shredded chicken in the center. Sprinkle cheese over and pour the beef chili on top. Roll the tortilla and place it in a baking dish. Repeat this with all the tortillas.
5. Once all the tortillas are rolled and arranged in the baking dish, pour the remaining beef chili over it to cover them. Sprinkle with cheese generously.
6. Bake for around 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
For The Rice
7. Wash the rice thoroughly. In rice cooker put the rice and add water. Cook till done.
8. To the cooked rice add the remaining garlic, shallot and onion. Season with salt to taste and tomato sauce and mix well till combined.
9. In a serving plate, serve the enchilada hot with the rice, beans and some sour cream.