Smoked Pompano Chalupas & Piñanerro Salsita
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Key lime||3 Medium|
|Olive oil||3 Teaspoon (or use an olive oil spray)|
|Hot chili pepper||2 Medium (habaneros)|
|For the pineapple salsa|
|Fresh pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into small cubes|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Fresh cilantro||5 Teaspoon, tough stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped or shredded|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Taco shell||8 Small|
1. Wash and clean the fish. Place them on a grilling tray
2. Using a sharp tipped knife, make two deep gashes over the length of each fish.
3. Squeeze lime juice over the fish to wash off the saltiness of the fish.
4. Season the fish with salt and pepper and rub or spray with olive oil.
5. Turn the fish and repeat steps 2-4.
6. Through the habaneros onto the tray along with the fish.
7. Fire up a charcoal barbecue grill with BBQrsDelight Savory Herb smoke pellets.
8. Cut the pineapple into small pieces and finely chop the red onion and fresh cilantro, keep everything in a small bowl.
9. Place the tray with the fish on the grill.
10. Shut the lid and let the fish smoke. Keep a close eye on them.
11. Flip the fish over and cook the other side until the fish flakes easily.
12. When done, allow to cool.
13. Mix the pineapple, onion, cilantro, lime juice in a bowl. Chop up the smoked habaneros and mix into the salsa.
14. Heat up the tortillas on a pan over the grill until nicely warmed up and crisp. You can flip them into a half shell and cook them to make tacos if you like
15. Flake the smoked fish into chunks.
16. Top the tostadas with the fish chunks and a bit of the spicy pineapple salsa.
17. Fold into half and enjoy!
Calories 573 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.6%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.5 mg37.5%
Sodium 576.4 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 45 g89.7%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 44.4%
Calcium 27% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet