Cook fish anyway you like and garnish the taco with cabbage and Sauce made from "Crema Mexicana, Chipotle, and lime, salt & pepper"... Out all in a tortilla and feast!!!
1 Pound (whiting)
All purpose flour
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1 Teaspoon (Jane's Mixed-up salt, to taste)
2 Medium, cut into wedges
Chipotle lime sauce/Hot pepper sauce
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Crema Mexicana)
1⁄2 Medium, finely shredded
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1. In a pyrex measuring cup, combine the flour and water. Beat with hand blender or whisk with a wire whisk until your get a thick and lump free batter.
2. Season the fish filets with the Cajun salt and juice of 1 lime. Give a toss to coat well.
3. Heat up oil in a large skillet or frying pan to 325 degree F.
4. While the oil is heating, in a bowl, combine the Mexican sour cream, chipotle sauce, juice of 1 lime and season with a bit of the Cajun salt. Whisk until well blended. Keep aside.
5. When the oil is hot, dip the fish fillets in the prepared batter, allow excess to drop back and carefully drop fish into hot oil. Fry them until golden and crispy. Remove and drain well.
6. Heat up the tortillas on a griddle.
7. Assemble the tacos by filling in with the fried fish pieces, top with shredded cabbage and dollop of the cream chipotle sauce.
8. Fold in half and take a large bite!
If you do not want to batter and fry the fish, you can grill them after coating in oil.
These are not regular Fish Tacos! These are fish tacos with a twist. Batter fried fresh whiting fillets are encased in soft tortillas and topped with a spicy, tangy sour cream sauce, a combination that will give these tacos five star rating in your household. Like most tacos they are pretty fuss free & easy to prepare. They make a perfect dinner for busy night or a beach picnic.