The beauty of quesadillas is that there are no rules for what goes in one! (Except for cheese – you skip the cheese and you’re dead to me. That’s the Queso in the Quesadilla for the love of God!) That’s what makes it a great dish for kids and generally anyone who hates rules. Different kinds of meat, no meat, fresh vegetables, cooked vegetables, of any variety…and even fruit in the case of these Mango and Roast Chicken Quesadillas!
2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded
2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fruilano, strong Cheddar, jalapeno havarti)
1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced
1 Medium, strips
3 Tablespoon, chop
1 Tablespoon, divided
1. Shred the cooked chicken, grate the cheese, set aside.
2. Thinly slice the onions and cut the mango into thin strips.
3. Chop cilantro, set aside.
4. Preheat the pan and dab the paper towel with olive oil and lightly run the paper towel over the pan..
5. Arrange the tortillas in 2 parallel rows of four.
6. On each tortillas base place the chicken followed by cheese, coriander leaves, red onion and mango slices.
7. Once done cover it with the top tortilla, place the quesadilla on the hot pan and brush some olive oil on top and cook for 1 ½ minute on each side.
8. Serve the quesadilla with lemon wedge and salsa or guacamole.