1. Finely dice the onions, mince the garlic, and chop the plum tomatoes, jalapenos and olives, set aside.
2. Heat oil in the skillet; sauté the onions for 7 minutes or until soft.
3. Add Garlic; continue to sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes, jalapenos, bay leaf, oregano, olives, capers, and broth.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes stirring constantly.
6. In the meantime marinate the snapper with the juice of half a lime.
7. Cover and refrigerate for approximately 25-40 minutes.
8. After 40 minutes in pan heat oil over medium heat, place the snapper in the pan, smother it in the sauce.
9. Cook for 6-8 minutes until cooked thru.
10. Once done place the red snapper in a serving plate and garnish with banana peppers and parsley.
11. Serve the red snapper Veracruz immediately.