Juicy Pork Soft Tacos With Avocado Slaw
|Pork chops||2 Pound|
|Grated cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour tortillas/Corn tortillas||12|
|For the marinade|
|White vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 1⁄2 Medium|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm)|
|Jalapenos||3 Small, chop|
|For the avocado slaw|
|Cabbage heads||1⁄2 Medium, dice|
|Avocado||1 Medium, dice|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Small|
|Lime zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the tomato salsa|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, dice|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Jalapeno||1 Large, deseeded (minced)|
|Lime juice||1 Small|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, mince|
1. In a large leak-proof plastic bag, place the pork chops in the bag and combine white vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, ground cumin, lime juice, garlic, jalapenos, salt and white pepper and cilantro.
2. Massage the marinade into the meat, seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 30-45 minutes.
3. Dice the cabbage, avocado, tomatoes, finely chop the onions, garlic, cilantro and jalapenos deseeded and minced, set everything aside.
4. Prepare a foil lined baking pan.
5. Preheat the broiler, before you start working on the pork.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine cabbage, avocado, sour cream, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder and salt and ground black pepper, thoroughly mix. Set aside.
7. In a medium mixing bowl, add tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, lime juice, garlic, and salt and ground black pepper, toss it and finally add the cilantro, thoroughly mix everything.
8. Remove the pork and slice them in half horizontally and place them onto the baking pan and broil for 5-6 minutes on each side.
9. Once done let the pork rest for 5 more minutes and then thinly slice the pork chops.
10. Assemble your soft tacos with some flour tortillas, pork slices, avocado slaw, fresh tomato salsa, and shredded cheese.
11. Serve and enjoy!