Mexican Tamale Peppers
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Chili powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Masa harina/Fine cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Pink beans||4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked|
|Corn kernels||1 Pound|
|Green bell peppers||12 Large|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet add oil and warm it.
3. Add garlic and onion. Saute for 5 minutes till it gets soft.
4. Mix cumin and chili. Stir masa harina, salt and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes stirring so that the mixture gets thick.
5. Add corn and beans. Stir for 5 minutes more.
6. Slice the tops from peppers. Remove their inner ribs and seeds.
7. Spoon the cornmeal mixture in the pepper.
8. In a baking dish place the pepper in an upright position.
9. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes, till the pepper is tender.
10. Serve Mexican Tamale peppers with salsa as toppings.