New Mexican Chalupas
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant masa mix||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red taco sauce||7 Ounce (1 bottle)|
|Turkey/Chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Refried beans/1 can, 16 ounce canned refried beans - 16-ounce can||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Shredded cheddar cheese/Monterey jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Guacamole||2 Tablespoon (fresh or frozen)|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Shredded lettuce/Chopped green onions, chopped ripe olives, chopped fresh coriander, chopped parsley / chopped tomatoes topping||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. In a bowl, beat butter until fluffy.
3. Add masa, and salt, slowly to egg mixture.
4. Add enough water to hold dough together.
5. Divide dough into 5 equal parts
6. Pat each part into a 5-inch circle on waxed paper.
7. Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium heat to 350°.
8. Fry masa circles for 3 minutes on each side.
9. Stack in oven to keep warm.
10. In frying pan heat oil.
11. Add onion and saute until golden.
12. In the pan, add tomato sauce and 1/4 of the taco sauce.
13. Simmer uncovered until slightly thickened.
14. Add turkey and mix well.
15. Place in a 1 1/2-quart casserole and set aside.
16. Combine beans, garlic, 2 tablespoons taco sauce, and cheese.
17. In a shallow pan put the mixture after mixing it well. Place pan in a preheated oven.
18. Cover the casserole and place in oven with the bean mixture.
19. Bake for 30 minutes. Keep stirring.
22. On each patty, spread guacamole, then bean mixture, then turkey mixture.
23. Garnish with sour cream and chives.
24. Serve New Mexican Chalupas hot, topped with desired condiments.
Calories 1107 Calories from Fat 445
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.3%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 196.8 mg65.6%
Sodium 1485.8 mg61.9%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.7%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 58 g115.9%
Vitamin A 41.2% Vitamin C 31.1%
Calcium 32.5% Iron 77.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet