Mexican Beef Casserole
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Green pepper||1 Large, cored seeded and sliced|
|Stewing beef||750 Gram, trimmed and cubed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown stock/Water and 1/2 beef stock cube||300 Milliliter (hot)|
|Frozen sweetcorn kernels||100 Gram|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In the cooker, heat lard or margarine, add the onion and pepper .
3) Saute pepper and onion until begin to color.
4) With slotted poon, lift out both and drain well.
5) In flour seasoned with salt and pepper, coat the meat.
6) Brown the meat in the hot lard or margarine, lift out and drain well.
7) Add the chilli powder into the cooking juices, add the hot stock or water and stock cube and stir well to remove any residues from the base of the cooker.
8) Return the meat and vegetables to the cooker together with the tomatoes and sweetcorn.
9) Stir and bring to the boil.
If the liquid is too thick add a little more water to the cooker.
10) Put the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
11) Reduce the pressure quickly.
12) Stir well, taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
13) Serve the Mexican beef casserole with pasta or rice.