Delicious Arroz Con Pollo
|Broiler fryer||3 Pound, cut into 8 pieces|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Converted white rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Saffron threads||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned green chili pepper||1 , chopped|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce, undiluted (1 can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||5 Ounce (1/2 package, 10 ounce size)|
|Sliced pimiento stuffed green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pimientos||4 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 can)|
1) Wash and wipe the chicken pieces with paper towels.
2) In a heavy casserole or 6-quart Dutch oven, heat olive oil and brown chicken, a few pieces at a time, until evenly brown.
3) Take the chicken pieces out as it browns.
4) Preheat the oven to 325F.
5) In the same dutch oven, stir in the chopped onion, garlic and red pepper, stirring, over medium heat until golden for about 3 minutes.
6) Stir in rice and saffron and season, cook, stirring, until rice is lightly browned for 10 minutes.
7) Mix in the tomatoes, chile pepper and chicken broth to rice mixture.
8) Return the chicken piece cook until the mixture boils.
9) Put the lid and bake in oven for 1 hour.
10) Pour in the water.
11) Stir in the peas, olives and pimiento strips over top; do not stir.
12) Put the lid back and return in oven for 20 minutes more or until chicken is tender and peas are cooked.
13) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.