Chilli Con Carne
|Red kidney beans||100 Gram|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Cooking oil||30 Milliliter|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Minced beef||500 Gram|
|Chilli powder||5 Milliliter|
|Canned tomatoes||400 Gram (1 Can)|
|Brown stock/Water and 1/2 beef||300 Milliliter, hot|
|Tomato puree||15 Milliliter|
1) In a large basin, place the beans.
2) Cover with boiling water and leave to stand for at least 2 hours.
3) In the cooker, heat oil, add the onion and garlic.
4) Saute onion and garlic until begin to color.
5) Add the minced beef and fry lightly.
6) Drain off and discard any excess oil from the cooker.
7) Add the chilli powder, tomatoes, stock or water and stock cube, tomato puree, salt to taste and the drained kidney beans.
8) Place the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
9) Reduce the pressure slowly.
10) Adjust the seasoning and consistency as necessary.
11) Serve the Chilli con with chips.
Calories 534 Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.8%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.4%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 77.5 mg25.8%
Sodium 762.8 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.2%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 34 g67.8%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 29.5%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet