Charcoal Rib Eye With Tortillas Or Chinese Pancakes
|Rib eye roast||6 Pound (1 Roast)|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
|Green onions||20 (Scallions)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spinach||2 Pound, shredded|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pico de gallo||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Marco polo sauce||1 Tablespoon (And/Or Italian Basil Or Pesto Sauce)|
1) Rub 1 cup hoisin sauce over the meat and let marinate 1 hour or more.
2) Heat the charcoal grill.
2) Meanwhile, in a skillet melt 4 tablespoons of the butter, add the mushrooms, and saute.
3) Add more butter if necessary.
4) Keep aside, refrigerating if necessary until needed.
5) Cut the green onions into brushes and place in cold water to form.
6) Remove meat from marinade, and reserve the marinade.
7) With fat side down, place meat, on a hot charcoal grill.
8) Brown the fatty side quickly.
9) Turn meat and brown the other.
10) In a large roasting pan, place the meat and put the pan on the grill.
11) Cover the grill; cook 45 minutes to 1 hour until roast registers 140°F for rare meat.
12) For well-done meat, cook about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
13) Remove from the heat and let the meat rest 10 minutes.
14) May be cooked ahead several days.
15) A few hours before serving, cut into finger-sized strips and heap on a platter.
16) Add the reserved marinade to the meat juices in the pan, bring to the boil, and transfer to a bowl.
17) Reheat the mushrooms and then place in separate bowl.
18) In another bowl, place the mustard.
19) Surround the meat with some of the shredded spinach, green onions, and cilantro.
20) Place the rest of the spinach, cilantro, onion brushes, the remaining cup of hoisin sauce, and the pico de gallo and other sauces in separate bowls.
21) Wrap tortillas or pancakes in foil and reheat in oveor steamer.
22) Let your guests assemble their own tortillas from the bowls, choosing their own fillings.