Mexican Pumpkin Casserole
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned pumpkin||2 Pound (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Taco sauce||8 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Chopped green chiles||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Eggs||4 Large, lightly beaten|
|Crushed tortilla chips||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese/Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package Or 2 Cups)|
1) In large non-stick pan, melt butter and saute the onion and garlic, until tender about 5 minutes.
2) Take the pan off the heat stir in the pumpkin, taco sauce, chiles, salt and pepper, stirring continuously until well mixed.
3) Stir in the eggs until well blended.
4) Preheat oven to 400F.
5) In 2- or 2 1/2-quart clear glass souffle dish, place crushed tortilla chips in bottom.
6) Pour 1/3 of pumpkin mixture evenly over chips.
7) Reserve 2 tablespoons cheese for garnish.
8) Dredge half of remaining cheese over pumpkin layer.
9) Repeat the layers with 1/3 of pumpkin mixture, the remaining cheese and the remaining third of pumpkin mixture.
10) Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until slightly puffed and heated through.
11) Serve hot garnish with reserved shredded cheese and tortilla chips.