Tuna Cakes with Spring Onion Salsa
|Peeled and diced potatoes||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Canned tuna chunks||185 Gram, drained and flaked roughly (In Brine Or Spring Water)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For the salsa :|
|Spring onions||4 , chopped finely|
|Cucumber||1 Inch, seeds removed and flesh diced finely (1 Number)|
1. In a saucepan boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
2. When the potatoes are just cooked through, drain and mash them.
3. In a small bowl mix together all the salsa ingredients and leave to marinate.
4. Into the mashed potatoes stir tuna, the remaining lemon juice and season to taste.
5. Divide the mixture into eight and shape into small cakes.
6. In a large, non-stick frying-pan heat oil and fry the cakes for 3 minutes.
7. Gently turn them over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
8. Serve two tuna cakes per person with a helping of salsa.