Tuna Cakes with Spring Onion Salsa
|Peeled and diced potatoes||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Canned tuna chunks||185 Gram, drained and flaked roughly (In Brine Or Spring Water)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For the salsa :|
|Spring onions||4 , chopped finely|
|Cucumber||1 Inch, seeds removed and flesh diced finely (1 Number)|
1. In a saucepan boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
2. When the potatoes are just cooked through, drain and mash them.
3. In a small bowl mix together all the salsa ingredients and leave to marinate.
4. Into the mashed potatoes stir tuna, the remaining lemon juice and season to taste.
5. Divide the mixture into eight and shape into small cakes.
6. In a large, non-stick frying-pan heat oil and fry the cakes for 3 minutes.
7. Gently turn them over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
8. Serve two tuna cakes per person with a helping of salsa.
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 0.89 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.3 mg2.8%
Sodium 286.5 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 16 g32.2%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet