Mexican Tile Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes Brand)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Whole blanched almonds||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) In a large bowl add butter, sugar, egg, salt and almond extract.
2) Beat well at medium speed till the mix turns creamy. Scraping the bowl often.
3) Reduce speed and add in the flour.
4) Continue beating till well mixed.
5) Equally divide the dough into 2 portions.
6) Wrap in plastic food wrap.
7) Chill for 1 to 2 hours till firm.
8) Heat the oven to 350°.
9) Keeping the dough refrigerated, roll out only one portion at a time to a 1/4-inch thickness on a well floured surface.
10) Cut into diamond shapes with a pastry cutter.
11) Arrange 1/2 inch apart on cookie sheets.
12) In a small bowl, beat egg white and water till smooth.
13) Brush over the tops of cookies.
14) Place an whole almond in the center of each cookie.
15) Sprinkle with sugar.
16) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, till the edges are lightly browned.
17) Allow to stand for 1 minute.
18) Remove from the cookie sheets.
19) Serve as a tea time sanck.