Mexican Rice With Vegetables
|Canned italian plum tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained (Reserve 1 Cup Juice)|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jalapeno chili/Serrano||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Whole onion/7 ounce sliced onion - ready cut 1 1/2 cup||8 Ounce|
|Minced garlic in oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn oil/Safflower / canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro/Parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan add the tomatoes breaking them up with fingers, rice, chicken stock and 1 cup juice from can.
2. Bring it to a boil, lower the heat, put on a lid and cook for 17 minutes or until the rice is completely cooked.
3. In a skillet large enough to hold all the chicken heat oil and saute the onion with garlic.
4. When the onions become translucent add it to the rice and keep on cooking with the lid on for 1-2 minutes.
5. Serve hot garnished with chopped cilantro.