Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole and Red Pepper
|Chicken breasts||12 Ounce, skinless and boneless, washed, dried and cut in half|
|Limes||1 1⁄2 Large|
|Minced garlic in oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ripe avocado||1 Large|
|Serrano chillies||2 , deseeded and minced|
|Red onion/1 cup sliced onion||3 Ounce|
|Red bell pepper/1 1/2 cup sliced bell pepper||8 Ounce|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|7 inch flour tortillas||6|
1. Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl keep the chicken breasts and sprinkle with 1/2 lime juice, garlic and black pepper on both sides.
3. Take out the stone, peel and mash the avocado in a serving bowl.
4. Sprinkle 1 lime juice on the avocado.
5. In a bowl add onions, garlic and bell pepper to the avocado and mix well.
6. In a skillet heat oil and cook the chicken breasts till they turn brown on both sides.
7. Tear a piece of aluminium foil, wrap the tortillas and heat it up for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
8. When the chicken is cooked, remove and cut into strips.
9. Arrange the tortillas on a work table, spread avocado mixture generously on one side of the tortilla and put a few strips of chicken.
10. Roll it up and arrange all the tortillas in a platter.
11. Serve immediately with your favourite dipping sauce or with grated cheese.