Chile Con Queso
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained and broken up|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a skillet, add butter to melt over medium heat.
2) Add the onion and cook until it softens.
3) Add tomatoes and chilies.
4) Reduce heat to simmer the mixture for a few minutes.
5) Fold in cheese and stir to melt into the mixture.
6) Stir in milk and sprinkle salt and pepper to season.
7) Make 8 to 12 triangles from each tortilla and place them on baking sheet.
8) Broil the tortilla pieces until the top parts start to blister and brown.
9) Serve the sauce with the broiled tortillas.