|Yellow cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spaghetti sauce mix||2 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Canned pitted ripe olives||7 Ounce, halved (1 Can)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Pound, grated (1 Cup)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400°.
1. Prepare the cornmeal, following label directions for the cornmeal mush.
2. Transfer about half into an 8-cup shallow baking dish; spread evenly. Transfer the remaining into a greased pan, 9x5x3; chill.
3. Make the ground beef into a large patty in large frying pan; then cook until brown, 5 minutes on each side; break up into chunks; push to one side.
4. Put in the onion and green pepper; gently fry just until soft. Add in spaghetti-sauce mix, chili powder, and tomatoes.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes; remove from heat.
6. Add in olives and 3/4 cup grated cheese. Pour the mixture over the cornmeal mush in baking dish. This much can be done ahead; chill. Take from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
7. Now, add the cornmeal mush from pan by turning upside down onto cutting board.
8. Split the mush in half lengthwise, then cut each half into thirds; cut each piece diagonally to make 12 wedges.
9. Keep the pieces around the edge of baking dish, scatter the saved 1/4 cup cheese on top.
10. Bake for 1 hour, or until bubbly-hot.
11. Serve hot!