Mexican Style Chicken
|Haricot beans||4 Ounce|
|Chicken joints||4 Large|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Red chili powder/Chili powder - 1 teaspoon||1 Teaspoon, deseeded, chopped|
|Hot chicken stock||4 Ounce|
|Dry white wine||4 Ounce|
|Tomatoes||8 Ounce, blanched, peeled, chopped|
|Stuffed olives||2 Ounce, sliced|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
1) In a large saucepan, soak the haricot beans in enough water for 12 hours.
2) Bring the beans to a boil. Then allow to simmer for 60 minutes over a lo flame.
3) In a casserole, heat oil. Fry the chicken till it becomes golden brown.
4) Add in the bay leaves, chilies or chilli powder. Cook for about 5 minutes before transferring back into the pan.
5) Pour the stock and wine over the chicken. Allow to come to a boil before simmering for 55 minutes over low flame.
6) Fish the bay leaves out.
7) Add the chopped tomatoes, sliced olives and drained beans into the casseroles.
8) Continue to cook for 10 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
9) Serve the Mexican Style Chicken hot.