Microwave Tamale Bake
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce, divided (1 can)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Yellow corn meal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned diced green chilies||4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In glass casserole cook ground beef and onion on ROAST (7) for 6 minutes until beef is no longer pink.
2. Stir in olives, chili powder, half of tomato sauce and 1 teaspoon salt and set aside.
3. In glass mixing bowl, cook corn meal, water, milk, chilies and 1/2 teaspoon salt on ROAST (7) for 4 minutes until thick, stirring twice during cooking.
4. Spoon evenly over beef and spread remaining tomato sauce on top.
5. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Cover and cook on REHEAT (8) for 7 minutes until hot and cheese is melted.
7. Serve the tamale with melted cheese on the top.
Calories 508 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.4 mg28.1%
Sodium 1236.5 mg51.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 33 g65.5%
Vitamin A 32.5% Vitamin C 44.8%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet