Microwave Tamale Bake
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce, divided (1 can)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Yellow corn meal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned diced green chilies||4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In glass casserole cook ground beef and onion on ROAST (7) for 6 minutes until beef is no longer pink.
2. Stir in olives, chili powder, half of tomato sauce and 1 teaspoon salt and set aside.
3. In glass mixing bowl, cook corn meal, water, milk, chilies and 1/2 teaspoon salt on ROAST (7) for 4 minutes until thick, stirring twice during cooking.
4. Spoon evenly over beef and spread remaining tomato sauce on top.
5. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Cover and cook on REHEAT (8) for 7 minutes until hot and cheese is melted.
7. Serve the tamale with melted cheese on the top.