Chili Con Carne With Pinto Beans
|Pinto beans||1 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef||3 Pound, ground or cubed|
|Tomatoes||1 Quart, canned, strained|
1. To prepare the beans soak them overnight and then cook until tender.
2. In a pan heat fat and brown onion and garlic.
3. Blend chili powder, flour and salt and add to onion and garlic.
4. Add beans and meat, cover and cook for about 1 hour.
5. Add tomatoes and oregano, cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
6. Serve Chili Con Carne with a garnish of beaten fresh cream or as desired.