Black Bean Soup With Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chipotle pepper puree||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried black beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon, toasted and ground|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) Lightly brush the husked tomatillos with oil.
2) In a heated cast-iron skillet, roast the tomatillos over a medium-high heat, until softened and lightly charred.
3) Roughly chop the tomatillos, then tranfer into a bowl with just a little liquid.
4) Roast the chiles over an open flame or in an oven broiler until their skins are dark and blistered.
5) Transfer in a paper or plastic bag, close and keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
6) Peel the chiles under running water, halve, discard the seeds and stem.
7) Finely chop the chiles and transfer into a bowl.
8) Stir in the onion, cilantro leaves, garlic, lime juice and chipotle pepper puree.
9) In a pot, add the beans, chicken stock and ham hock wrapped in cheesecloth.
10) Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until the beans are softened.
11) In a frying pan, saute the onion, carrot and celery in olive oil over a medium-low heat, until the onions are golden and caramelized.
12) Stir in the garlic in the last few minutes of cooking.
13) Stir the onion mixture, drained chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and spices into the beans.
14) Simmer for another 1 hour, then remove the ham hock.
15) Cool and remove all the meat from the ham hock, chop finely and keep aside.
16) In a food processor bowl, puree the soup in batches.
17) Stir the chopped meat into the soup.
18) Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the lime juice.
19) Reheat the soup if required, then stir in the chopped cilantro.
20) Ladle into soup bowls, top with the sour cream and serve the Black Bean Soup with Roasted Tomatillo Salsa immediately.