Beef Tenderloin On Roast Tomatillo Sauce With Corn Salsa Grilled Scallions And Portabellos
|For corn salsa|
|Ears of corn||6|
|Red bell pepper||2 , seeded and diced|
|Green chiles||2 , seeded, finely diced (Such As Anaheim Or Fresno)|
|Red onion||1 , finely diced|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), coarsely chopped|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|For roast tomatillo sauce :|
|Tomatillos||15 , husks removed|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Chipotle chiles||6 , seeded|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or More)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|For beef tenderloin roast :|
|Blue corn tortillas||8 , cut into strips|
|Beef tenderloin roast||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Roast, 2 To 2 1/2 Pound)|
1) Corn salsa: In a pot, cook the corn in boiling salted water for 3 minutes.
2) In a bowl of ice water, plunge the corn, then drain and slice the corn from the cob.
3) In a medium bowl, combine corn with rest of the salsa ingredients and adjust flavors to taste.
4) Roast tomatillo sauce: In a cast-iron skillet, toast the over medium-high heat, turning frequently, until the tomatillos are browned in spots.
Remove and allow to cool.
5) In the same skillet, saute the onion in oil over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
6) Stir in the tomatillos, chipotles and 1/2 cup chicken stock, simmer over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
7) In a blender, add the mixture and add cilantro, puree until smooth.
8) Add more chicken stock, if the sauce is too thick, season with salt and pepper to taste and keep warm.
9) In a heavy saute pan, heat 1 inch of oil and fry the tortillas in batches until crisp; drain on paper towels.
10) Beef Tenderloin Roast : Grill the beef on a covered grill for 16 to 24 minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the roast registers 150°F for medium-rare. (Cook 160°F for medium, or 170°F for well done.)
11) Turn halfway through cooking, then allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
12) Brush mushrooms and green onions with oil, grill until tender and season with salt and pepper to taste.
13) Slice the mushrooms and keep aside.
14) Carve 24 slices of the beef roast, each 1/4 to 3/8 inches thick.
15) Spoon the tomatillo sauce on 8 warmed plates and arrange a few tortilla strips in the center.
16) Place 3 slices of beef around the tortillas and sprinkle with the corn salsa all over.
17) Surround the beef with grilled scallions and sliced mushrooms and serve the Beef Tenderloin on Roast Tomatillo Sauce with Corn Salsa Grilled Scallions and Portabellos immediately.