Party Pork Burritos
|Pork shoulder blade||3 Pound, roasted and cut into 3-4 pieces (Boston)|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), cut in half|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned chopped green chilies||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|White vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour tortillas||6 Large, warmed|
1) Take a Dutch oven and place onion, garlic, salt and pork in it. Add water and cover the utensil tightly. Cook the mixture on low heat for 2 hours or until pork is tender. Allow the pork to cool in juices.
2) In the meanwhile, take a large saucepan and combine chilies, chili powder, cumin, oregano, vinegar and tomato sauce in it. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
3) Remove pork from Dutch oven and discard the juices. Take 2 forks and use them to shred pork.
4) Combine the shredded pork with prepared sauce and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Place about 1/2 cup of pork filling in the center of each tortillas. Fold the bottom side of tortillas into a pocket.
6) Add the toppings, if desired, and serve immediately.
Calories 706 Calories from Fat 309
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g53%
Saturated Fat 18 g89.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.5 mg40.5%
Sodium 1091.7 mg45.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 50 g99.2%
Vitamin A 25.7% Vitamin C 38.6%
Calcium 7% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet